Monday, August 3, 2009

Scrambled Eggs and An Award

Picture this:

You wake up one day to the drumroll of thunder. And to the cling clang of the window blinds. You squint your eyes open and detect a huge flash of lightning whiz across the sky. Soon, huge raindrops are slapping hard on the window glass.

You check the time, you still have an hour to sleep and just as you start to pull the covers a little tighter, you hear the sound of tiny footsteps, growing louder. The daughter, too, has been awoken by the loud thunder and wants to cuddle beside her mom and dad. The three of you huddle beneath the covers.

An hour later, the alarm goes off. You approach the windows, the rain has stopped - all that remains of the thunderstorm are the wet grounds and the beads of raindrops that cling to the windows. The day is going to be beautiful, you can sense that.

You turn to the husband and manage to coax him to go late to office. "Let's go out for some breakfast", you say.

Think....a cafe by the sea side. As you walk to the cafe, a breeze picks up and the tress unload some raindrops from their branches on your head.

Think...

Steaming hot coffee. Pancakes drizzled with maple syrup, grilled banana on the side. Hash browns. Sizzling hot sausages. Crispy bacon. Sauteed mushrooms. Porridge, loaded with nuts and raisins. Assorted breads, with butter or jam or marmalade. Eggs: omelettes, sunny side up, poaced, scrambled - take your pick. Fruity yogurts. Chilled juices.

Decadent, isn't it? Well, some days are just made for such indulgent breakfasts.





Scrambled Eggs are my favourite breakfast, I could have these every single day. Here's my way of making these.

I have learnt, the very hard way, that the secret to a good scrambled egg is LOW FLAME. When making these, should you think that the pan is getting too hot, do take the pan off the flame for a few seconds.

Lightly beat the eggs. Melt a knob of butter. When the butter just about melts (it is ok to have that little bit of butter that has not yet melted), pour in the eggs. Get your wooden spatula, but wait for a few seconds before you start to use it. The eggs will start to set at the sides first, when that happens, just push them toward the centre of the pan and tilt the pan to distribute the uncooked eggs to the sides. Continue this till the eggs are softly set. Take it off the gas and let them sit in the pan for another 10 seconds. Add the seasonings of your choice, give it a quick stir and load it on top of a toast.

Enjoy!!

Suparna, Sree Vidya and Pinky have given me the Kreativ Blogger Award. Thank you very much ladies :))




The award comes with these rules:

1. You must thank the person who has given you the award.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link the person who has nominated you for the award.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.
5. Nominate 7 other Kreativ bloggers.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on which of the blogs to let them know they have been nominated.

So here goes, 7 things about me:

1. I have this huge water phobia. I cannot swim, I have changed many swimming coaches, sent a lot of money, well, down the drain but no, I still cannot swim.

2. I am also scared of darkness. If and when I have to sleep alone in the house, I need to have atleast one light on through the night. Considerations like carbon footprint notwithsatnding.

3. I am not a picky eater , I can and do eat pretty much anything. However, I cannot have white milk. Plain milk, that is. Need to put something in it. Even turmeric powder will do. But never plain milk.

4. I can cook without any complaints for a crowd. I can spend an entire day in the kitchen, if I need to. But I find it very difficult to make that cup of tea first thing in the morning. For a while, many years ago, I would make tea last thing at night, pour it into a thermos flask and drink it the next morning.

5. I love dogs. From a distance. As long as they keep that distance.

6. I have itchy feet...not just the kind that make me want to travel on holidays all over the world. My itchy feet compel me to move cities, to live in different cities. Or to move apartments within the same city. You guessed it, I thrive on change.

7. Though I live in city where it rains very regularly and often times without warning, I don't carry an umbrella. In fact I haven't carried an umbrella (or a raincoat) for over 12 years now. If I get caught in a shower, I simply wait it out and enjoy the shower. Or I walk in the rain.


I want to pass this award to Simran, Navita, Priya, Curry Leaf, Yasmeen, Varsha and Rush.

18 comments:

  1. scrambled eggs, hot toast and a cup of tea/coffeee, perfect breakfast, we have scrambled eggs almost every alternate week.thbnks for sharing the recipe, theres always a twist with every household way of making scrambles.
    thnks

    ReplyDelete
  2. eggs in any form is a fav of mine..love it over-medium though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scrambled eggs my fav lazy morning breakfast with hot coffee..my all time favourite..Congrats on ur award and very happy and honoured to get this award from u dear:)..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can have eggs 4 times a day,all throughout the year..I am so cray about it Aqua..lol..:)
    Thanks a ton for the award dear n congrats to you..:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your Award and many more to come :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love eggs too. Epecially as an omelette. COngrats on the award.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey AD,
    Congratulations on the well deserved award!!
    ur write ups are so descriptive I picture it when am reading...and tha's really amazing isnt it?! love u for that!! u r brilliant with ur pen ...err keys ;)
    scrambled eggs are kinda a comfort food can fit in just anytime :) love it anytime any day :)
    Good one dearie:)
    Enjoy!!
    TC

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey AD,
    it was nice geeting to know more of u :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That scramble looks perfect...all that patience in cooking it really pays. One of my fav breakfasts too.
    Great reading about you, ditto on the 5th n 7th point.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks a lot for the award! Now I've started to think of the 7 things to share :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow that's an simple and yum recipe...Congrats on the award and nice to read more about u...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Easy quick and healthy breakfast.CONGRATS on your award and HEARTY THANKS for shring with me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What do you know?I just had scrambled eggs for breakfast :P.Thanks for passing the award to me dear :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on the award! I love scrambled eggs!

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  15. There's nothing like a good plate of scrambled eggs is there! your version is nice and fluffy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on the very well deserved award! I too have itchy feet :) i always come to know before hand if i a goin to travel :)

    ReplyDelete

It is not just about the ingredients or the recipe, good food happens when it is served with love!!

Powered by Blogger.



Search This Blog

Follow me!


Served With Love is on Facebook

Proud member of FoodBlogs
Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Checker
CookEatShare Featured Author

Creative Commons License
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.