Friday, February 24, 2012

Miri's Divine Chocolate Cake

I didn't know her.... I didn't know her real name, I didn't know what she looked like. My interaction with her - if you can call it that - was limited to a few comments on, and a recipe bookmarked from her blog.


"I will be experimenting with a whole wheat & low fat version, but I think we should all be a little decadent sometimes and indulge ourselves :)," she had written.


The cake looked and sounded delicious and I copied her recipe on my 'must make' word document, noted her email address and decided to write to her and ask her if she made those changes to her recipe. That was about 2 years ago.


Early last year, I was looking for a different chocolate cake recipe and was reminded of the one I had bookmarked from her blog.

I should write to her. I will write to her...soon, I resolved



I should have written to her, or at the very least, her read her blog more often than I did. That way, I would have known that she did make those changes to her recipe. That way, I could have made the cake a lot earlier than I did.
That way, I could have thanked her for her fabulous chocolate cake.








No, I didn't know her, I didn't make the effort to. But today, and sadly, when she is no longer with us, I have learnt a lot more about her. Through the words of those who knew her. The words of her friends paint a vivid picture of a woman who was vivacious, spirited and tenacious and lived her life with  fortitude and grace.





                                                                           (pic.credit Manisha)



Thank you, Raji. Through your life, I have learnt that it is possible to spread cheer and positivity all around you, even when faced with some of life's biggest challenges.


R.I.P.




(Miri's divine chocolate cake can be found here.

She later made the same cake with a little less butter and added some whole wheat flour. That is the one I made, and it is here.

But don't just stop at these two posts. Her blog is testimony to her spirit and you should read every single post).




To know more about her inspiring life, read Manisha's, Sandeepa's and Nina's posts.












No comments:

It is not just about the ingredients or the recipe, good food happens when it is served with love!!

Powered by Blogger.



Search This Blog

Follow me!


Served With Love is on Facebook

Proud member of FoodBlogs
Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Checker
CookEatShare Featured Author

Creative Commons License
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.