Monday, September 5, 2011
Of Chalks and Chopsticks: September
Sometimes, such things also happen.
I had, in fact, written this post a week back and then, horror of horrors, managed to delete it instead of some emails in my inbox that I was clearing! Moral of the story: don't do too many things together, especially when in a hurry! If you clicked on that link and came to nothing, my apologies.
Talking of stories, I have the pleasure of hosting our food fiction event, 'Of Chalks and Chopsticks' for September.
However, instead of a picture cue, I have a couple of written cues for all of you:
1. You have been invited for a dinner party by a person you barely know. Your host/hostess has a reputation for throwing some amazing parties and you are eagerly looking forward to the evening. You reach the given address but the house seems disturbingly quiet. With a lot of misgivings, you ring the doorbell..........
2. You are a tourist in another country and are on your way to your destination. However, somewhere on the road, you realise that you have lost your way. In the distance, you see a dim light illuminating a sign that says 'Tr vel rs Inn'. You have been on the road for a long time and are tired, sleepy and hungry with no way of finding the right direction to your destination. You, therefore, decide to follow the road and spend the night in the inn.............
So there....now all you have to do is spin a yarn - an original one - using EITHER one of the two cues. It could either be based on a real incident or could be something competely imaginary. Explore any genre: humour, romance, mystery, paranormal etc.
And while you are at it, do keep in mind a few simple guidelines:
1. The story you write has to have some food - it doesn't have to be a recipe.
2. There is no word limit on the story you write, but it has to be written in one single post.
3. You can, obviously, rewrite the cues the way you want in your story. It would be nice, though, if you could highlight the cue you are using.
4. Posts written for this event CAN be shared with other events.
Post your story between now and Oct. 5th, link it to this post and mail it to me at: aquadaze(at)rediffmail(dot)com with the following details:
1. Name and URL of your blog
2. Title and URL of your story
It is not just about the ingredients or the recipe, good food happens when it is served with love!!
Powered by Blogger.