Sunday, September 12, 2010

Milk Masala Powder

Even though I am on the wrong side of 30, there are certain times when I crave a glass of milk at night. The catch, however, is that I cannot stand the sight of white milk. So sometimes, I add a bit of rose syrup or drinking chocolate or even turmeric powder to the milk. Nowadays, I've started making a small batch of this milk masala. Not only is it tasty, it also means I consume nuts on a regular basis.







To make the milk masala, simply grind to a coarse powder 2 tbsps of pistachios, 1 tbsp of almonds, 1 tbsp of cashewnuts, 15 nos of cardamom and 2 tbsps of sugar. Add a pinch of saffron and store it in the refrigerator.


Not only can you use the milk masala in a glass of warm milk, you can also add it to enhance the taste of your payasams and kulfis and sooji ka halwa/sheera.

This is my very very late entry to Back To Basics -2, a brilliant event started by Jaya that I am hosting this month.


11 comments:

  1. Very interesting milk masala powder..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make something similar too. I use almonds but none of the other nuts and add some roasted poppy seeds and grind them similar to your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, what a wonderful recipe. I will surely make it and keep it safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aha! so that's what is in those packaged doodh masala. Now I can make my own at home.
    Thanks for the "brilliant" vote of confidence. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice one will prepare this and keep

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a milk addict and this milk-masala looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely masala for the milk. Might make it for the winter season.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great! Makes me hungry just looking at it.

    ReplyDelete

It is not just about the ingredients or the recipe, good food happens when it is served with love!!

Powered by Blogger.



Search This Blog

Follow me!


Served With Love is on Facebook

Proud member of FoodBlogs
Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Checker
CookEatShare Featured Author

Creative Commons License
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.